Raise awareness and credibility for Laver Cup 2022 in the UK and internationally, and increase relevance to a broad audience by driving coverage in non-sports media pre-, during and post-tournament.
Our strategy was to develop new comms strategies to run alongside our media relations to diverse reach and increase positioning. We needed to tackle consideration head-on by driving quality coverage amongst leading opinion-driving media. This combined with developing new culturally led angles and storylines to successfully engage a broad cross-section of consumer media
A six-month PR and Influencer Marketing programme driving non-stop news generation culminating in a sell-out event at the O2 and blanket national and international news coverage. Specific activities included:
- Negotiating a pre-tournament contra-partnership with HELLO magazine to drive re-occurring lifestyle coverage in the event build-up.
- Securing business profiling opportunities for the Founder and CEO
- Securing Laver Cup talent interviews with players including Federer, Djokovic, Nadal and Murray as well as captains John McEnroe and Bjorn Borg
- Delivering media relations for the gala dinner, London launch, venue previews, ball kid trials and charitable partnership with the then Duchess of Cambridge.
- Supporting Laver Cup’s VIP programme with a compressive celebrity engagement.
- Crisis and issues management support pre- and during the event.
Pieces of Coverage
Pieces Directly Generated