Wembley's 2015 Rugby World Cup Fanzone Opens!
On the weekend a troupe of PrettyGreeners were lucky enough to spend the day at the Wembley Park Fanzone for the 2015 Rugby World Cup. New Zealand was playing Argentina (All Blacks vs Puma’s for those in the know) and the atmosphere was truly epic.
The Fanzones have been installed at every host stadium enabling fans to have an area to watch matches while also being treated to plenty of cultural activity from the different playing nations. Sponsors and 2015 RWC organisers have been busy the past few weeks creating these rugby experiences for fans to help keep them entertained, while there are also plenty of refreshments on hand throughout the day!
There were so many highlights from the weekend, and in no particular order:
• Spending the day with our hosts, former England and Scotland internationals Joe Simpson and Rory Lawson
• The MasterCard Bus providing full fan makeovers
• A marching band walking down Olympic Way getting the crowd dancing
• Human statues
• London Cheerleaders showing us what being flexible is really about
• Watching a live Haka
• Learning how to do the Argentinian Tango
• DHL’s #scrumface experience
• Testing our tackle power on the Tackle Cage
• Your face in Jonny Wilkinson’s ball (don’t ask!)
• Free Coke and loads of beer on tap, too
• Watching other matches on the big screen
Roll on next week, when the Fanzone is back in Wembley Park for Ireland vs Romania!