The Best Leaving Email Ever!
It’s sad when people leave, especially when they are so universally liked by Clients and Agency alike. But when you’ve got to go, then you’ve got to go.
We’re big believers that you should leave with the wind on your back, and a blessing from your peers. Which is what the Great Grabowski has done, and why we wanted to share what is probably the greatest leaving email ever written.
“Thank you all so much for an incredible two and a half years. A period that I will never forget, doing things I never thought I wanted to do and then couldn’t believe I got to do. It Is an incredible job, that I am not really sure why I am leaving, there are thousands of reasons I will never forget it here. This is only a 100..
Things that I actually got paid to do, so remember how lucky you are…(in no discernible order)”
1. Going to the Olympics with Faye
2. Free date nights
3. Chris & The Bourneville Factory – although there was no flying lift or Oompa Loompas
4. Boat trip down the Thames wearing massive fake eyelashes
5. Photoshoot with Sam Faiers in her undies
6. Going to Malawi
7. Free absinth tasting
8. Bucket List: Watching England at The Rose Bowl
9. Naked beer pong with Ben Jack Thomas
10. Ben Jack Thomas throwing up on me
12. Winding up Sian
13. BA Club Class from South Africa, I imagine my first and last time
14. Meeting the most boring footballer in the Premiership
15. Snogging colleagues when I 1st joined (not sure if I was being paid for this?)
16. Driving a Land Rover up the side of a mountain with a very scared Claire McDoogle
17. Pedlos in Regents Park with Henders and Ashman
18. Having a meeting with Andi Peters
19. Asking the events team ‘How much would it cost to do this” -it never gets boring
20. Covering McFly in Creme Egg
21. Going to see Arsenal vs QPR on EA
23. Watching Rizzle Kicks live about 10 times
24. Getting drunk on a roof in Camden
25. Glamaoke with Denise Van Outen and Nicole
26. Watching Ed Sheeran twice
27. Standing outside lots of events
28. Meeting the UKs answer to Justin Bieber
29. Playing EA games in work hours
30. Building a giant Creme Egg
31. Working with Nuala
32. Drinking Magners
33. Drinking Carling brainstorming in the pub with Strings and Ashman, no good ideas came from that!
34. House Festival x2 (contentious but has to be included, sorry)
35. Owning a Christmas jumper for about half a day
36. Gossiping – always the last to know
37. Hannah-isms ‘Somble’ actually makes quite good sense
38. Shooting two music videos for Pumped
39. Meeting Snoop Dogg…almost
40. Being on stage at LoveBox
41. Going to 100s of posh restaurants I can’t afford
42. Eating endless Cadbury’s
43. Looking for Simon’s laptop
44. Drinking wine with Tony Hadley
45. Watching Gary Barlow with Strings at the Royal Albert Hall with McDoogle crying next to us (weird)
46. Going to three PR / PRCA Awards and getting plastered
47. Stealing Blue Rubicons CSR PR Award
48. Having a serious meeting about a client jetpacking across the Chanel
49. Having a serious meeting about MC Hammer
50. Going egg hunting with Cadbury, the National Trust and that woman who does the Rugby on BBC
51. Having a free laptop for ‘home use’
52. Watching a man ski in a Creme Egg suit with Jess P
53. Making a man show me his tattoo (on this arse)
54. Walking round two stately homes with the National Trust
55. Eating with Mo Farrah
56. Spending a whole day with Cover Drive
57. In a small way helping to put on our own festival
58. Playing Goo Games with Arg from TOWIE
59. Going to Skelmersdale – think thats what its called
60. Working with Strings – thank you for tolerating me
61. Working with Ems – I couldn’t have learnt more from you. Thank you
62. Working with Jess – I know we are both glad we don’t have to go through my teams finances again
63. Working with Mandy – the one that got away
64. Working with Tim – how could I thank the man you gave me Concept enough
65. from now on assume I mean working with…
66. Lucy Much – World’s calmest nicest person, will miss you lots
67. Kim – for always being annoyed at me
68. Ashman – proud to have worked with you
69. Pete – I hope my guidance steers you straight
70. Debbie – sorry every expense claim, PO, invoice, everything got to you late
71. Ravi – for giving the World Google+ p.s. stop smoking
72. Sian – the only person for some reason I found ok calling me Chrissy Wissy
73. Lynsey – I always loved the Cadbury integration meetings
74. Ben K – never has one man made, made so many sentences. I already miss our planning chats
75. MacDonald – world’s greatest AM, I’m sure you will be running the show soon
76. Charlotte – look after my mentee (is that how you spell it?!)
77. Jess P – £30 on binding!!
78. Henders – I’m sorry!
79. Kylie – thank you for saving many bad PR event ideas
80. Katie – apologies that you had to do everything
81. Susie – poor girl who had to put up with me and Pumped for 6 months
82. Simon – stay sexy
83. Jack – the ONLY man with better hair than me
84. Sarah A – for the all conquering planning wheel, it got me my job.
85. Sophia – my favourite Kiwi
86. Ben –
87. Mark – nice working with you Preacher
88. Coco – Please send me Cheques
89. Lucy M – sorry you have to work with Ben
90. Hannah – for giving us: Pacifically, Escape Goat, Somble, Dubstep, and Coco & Lobster
91. Dave – The World is Yours
92. Bea – I will leave you English dictionary for Hannah
93. Leanne – always made me feel more calm about things
94. Laura – You are far to nice to work with those other girls, I’m sorry for you.
95. Tyler – good luck to you Sir, you will need it – don’t let them give you a nickname. Its all downhill from there. no respect.
96. George – big hugs as always
97. Nikita – you will always be pregnant to me
98. And to all those that got away, Stocker, Amira, Imogen, Nuala, Raymond, Cath, Pri, Meera, Alex H, Alex, Tom, Hannah, Jen, Jo S, and everyone that I have forgotten.
99. All the great work experience girls and that tall guy, what was he called??!!!
100. Writing this fucking list…endless.
Take care, stay in touch