Audible headlines Wilderness Festival
Last month, Audible took to the stage to headline Wilderness Festival 2019 with a star studded line-up of the rock stars of the literary world. PrettyGreen, The Producers and Audible all worked together to execute this epic weekend of incredible audio performances!
The Audible Live stage saw outstanding performances from director, actor and activist, Rose McGowan alongside one of the nation’s favourite voices, TV presenter and award-winning radio presenter, Dermot O’Leary. They were joined by Sunday Times best-selling author and “excruciatingly funny” comedian, Adam Kay (This Is Going To Hurt) and Sunday Times best-selling author and “voice of Gen Z feminism” Scarlett Curtis (Feminists Don’t Wear Pink, To The Woman).
Some of the other amazing performances from the weekend came from:
- Former Loose Women presenter and author June Sarpong MBE
- Comedian and Absolutely Fabulous star Helen Lederer
- Cleaning Up actor and Screen International Star Of Tomorrow Jade Anouka
- Comedian and What Would Beyoncé Do? creator Luisa Omielan
- Broadcaster and Science(ish) podcast host Rick Edwards
- Insta-poet and She Must Be Mad author Charly Cox
- Playwright, author, Refuge Woman creator and British Journalism Awards-nominee Cash Carraway
- Poet Toby Thompson (“Toby Thompson is the future” Kate Tempest)
- Musician, beatboxer and ELLE ‘100 Most Inspiring Women’ Grace Savage
- Author, academic and BBC Radio 1 Surgery With Aled resident psychotherapist Dr. Aaron Balick
- Comedian and author of Gender Rebels: 50 Influential Wo(men) Who Had to Pretend to be Men to Get Stuff Done Anneka Harry
We could go on…
Every single performance at the Audible Live Stage was a totally unique audio experience!
Incredible talent, that drew crowds of festival goers queued out the door, wasn’t the only thing the Audible Live stage had to offer. Audible created a striking audio-first event the power of voice to life with a thoughtful, engaging and insightful programme of talks, debates, discussions and performances. The live stage provided a space for contemplation, reflection and humour shared through a wealth of spoken-word stories, discussions and performances. The stage was designed with audio at its heart, was truly an experience like no other and we loved working on this brilliant project!