A PrettyGreen Movember
As you may have heard we’re going to be working with the epic Movember crew, our neighbours from just up the road. We’re going to help promote and develop the creative communications and ambassador activity around the annual Mo-growing campaign.
So, just thought we’d share a few things we’ve learned over the past few weeks, which blew our minds.
Did you know?
1. Movember’s aim is simply to change the face of Men’s Health – grow a mo & raise money to fund research & support
2. Three focus areas – prostate cancer, testicular cancer & men’s mental health
3. Movember funds over 897 men’s health programmes worldwide
4. Every member of the Prostate Cancer UK helpline team is funded by Movember
5. Movember has raised an incredible £345m globally
6. Movember will turn 11 this year
7. Operates across 21 countries
8. Many of the Mo Founders are still heavily involved
9. There are eight core Movember values, of which Fun and Humble are two
10. Men die roughly five years younger than women
11. Men are five times more likely to commit suicide
12. Every hour one man dies from prostate cancer
So, you’d be spot on to think Movember was a laugh & lots of fun, but growing a mo for 30 days really will make a huge difference to men’s health across the UK. We’re excited. #movember